In the event of snowfall during school hours that necessitates closure of Castle Rock schools, the following procedures will be followed until the buses arrive to take students home and all remaining students are safely released:
- Students will remain at school until it is safe to use normal means of getting home or until they are picked up by a parent/designee.
- Students will be released to parents or designee only.
- The principal or designee and/or assigned staff will stay with remaining students until they are all safely released.
- Students choosing to walk home should stay in a group and to observe the rules of safety.
- Students driving home should use good judgment and to observe the rules of safety.
- The principal or designee and/or assigned staff will stay with remaining students until all are safely released.